As this site has become more widely known around the world, the issue of localization has been raised. The scripts I’ve written are based on my initial use as an English speaker with the International English version of Adobe InDesign. That’s fine for myself and other anglophones, but there are also times when scripts that are run on different language versions of Adobe InDesign:
- Have an English user interface or output; or
- Didn’t work because the script relied on coding that required a code reference based on the English language version of Adobe InDesign.
To this end, I’ve rectified issues concerning non-functioning scripts based on coding issues. However, translating the scripts into other languages is a task that I cannot undertake on my own as I do not speak other languages besides English, and would never solely rely on automatic translation software or services such as Google Translate.
I’m also aware that some of the scripts on this site gain more traction from countries where English is not the first spoken language, such as the following videos:
- Profeivan’s video about Data Merge to Single Record Script (Spanish)
- InDesignBlog’s video about Data Merge to Single Record Script (German)
- Mohammed Khayal’s video about Data Merge to Single Record Script free and pro (Arabic)
- Com2Publish video about Draw Measurements Around Objects script (German)
- Adobe DE’s video (featuring Haeme Ulrich) about Draw Measurements Around Objects script (German)
Though recently, the stars have somewhat aligned. I was approached to update my wall-planner script so that it could contain German and French user interfaces and outputs. With the assistance from the requester, as well as further assistance that has expanded this to Portuguese as well, this script has been updated.
In addition, the script can provide a wall planner in one of fourteen languages:
The updated script can be found on the scripts page. Ultimately, I would like to update this – and other scripts on this site that contain user interfaces or outputs – to feature other languages besides English. If this is of interest to you, please contact me via my contact page.