Colecandoo! is the blog of Colin Flashman, a prepress operator since 1997. The site aims to provide anyone preparing artwork for print with useful information to make their artwork flow seamlessly in prepress sections of any commercial printer.
The tips on the site are an accumulation of experiences and trials during my time as a prepress operator, and the blog originally began in the year 2000 as my own rant on an old employer’s website concerning what frustrated me the most about the artwork which was being processed.
Apart from Colecandoo, Colin also contributes to the printing community in the following ways:
- Contributing writer for InDesign Magazine and indesignsecrets.com;
- Previously spoken at CreativeProWeek 2019 and PEPCON 2016 about Data Merge, and has had cameo speaking roles at other CPN events such as the InDesignConference 2016 and CreativeProWeek 2018, and the CreativeWOW sessions of CreativeProWeek 2017-2019.
- Appeared as a teacher’s assistant at Adobe MAX 2018 assisting students in both Anne-Marie Concepcion and Bart van de Wiele’s classes.
- Previously spoken at several Adobe Users’ Group of South Australia sessions;
- Until the end of the COVID-19 pandemic, was an Adobe Community Professional (ACP) of the Adobe Forums with the familiar “hands in the air” logo.